I'm Andrew, a developer from Liverpool, UK.
Here's a few quick facts about me:
- Born and raised in Merseyside, with the exception of a three year stint in Ohio early on.
- Started coding with C# in Unity3D and Python in Blender at 14 or so.
- Couldn't decide between maths, business, philosophy or politics, so I studied Economics at university, and also played in a rock band.
- After graduating, I worked briefly as a research intern in health economics, before taking on a job at a consultancy and R&D startup in this field for a couple of years.
- I'm now developing enterprise software with Rails, Postgres and React, alongside a few other node/python projects in my spare time.
- And when I'm not doing that, I'm sailing, cycling, visiting friends in other cities/countries (or having them over for dinner here), going to gigs, and seeking out independent cafes, boutique shops and interesting restaurants. More on those later...
Oh, and in case you're wondering, the cover photo above is of Ullswater in the Lake District, my aspirational home.
For the moment though, I'm a city dweller, and I commute to work every day on this fantastic boat: